2 December 2015

#BLOGMAS: A GIFT GUIDE FOR MAKE UP BRUSHES


Let's face it. Every girl is a sucker for that soft stroke....of new make up brushes!

This is why we have so many! Also partly because it means we can get away with cleaning our brushes less often.

Last night, Kieran and I were mooching through gift guides together because although big presents are easy it's the little stocking fillers that he struggles with. I started reeling off brands and shades and his face started to go a little bit pale, so I tried to think of something stress free but still something that would be handy - and then it clicked, make up brushes!
So I thought I would put together a guide for the boyfriends, the husbands, the parents or even the besties who want something simple. A quick run through of some pretty desirable brush sets that won't break the bank - although one of them may make you wince slightly but it's fine, it's Christmas!

FOR THE GIRL WHO IS NEW TO BRUSHES


Real Techniques Core Collection Kit

The perfect for a starting point that won't break the bank. This was my first ever brush kit and would definitely recommend the brand (as would many a blogger)

You can also get different sets for eye shadow brushes and individual brushes if you want that little something extra.

There are various offers around the internet for these brushes - and others from the brand - and you can also pick them up from Boots, Superdrug and my favourite FeelUnique.



FOR THE GIRL WHO WANTS LIMITED EDITION


MAC Enchanted Eve Sets 

A choice of Essential/Basic/Mineralized sets.

I just love the colour of these brushes and we all know MAC brushes are super soft. Out of the 3 I think the Basic is the best on offer with a blush brush, foundation brush, blending brush and fluff brush for the eyes and small angle brush for your brows.

For £45 it also comes with a cute storage clutch.






FOR THE GIRL THAT WANTS EVERYTHING!

The Bodyshop Core Essentials 

At a hefty price tag of £85 (there's currently an offer on the website and in store for 40% which reduces this to £51, just to take that sting away) some might be put off by this but you get a lot of bang for your buck!

The brushes are the softest I've ever felt and you would pretty much be set for any make up emergency. The set contains a face and body brush, foundation brush, blusher brush, 3 x eye brushes, lipstick/concealer brush and a brow and lash brush. You can get this online or in store. There are also different sets available, click here to have a browse.

And there we have it a selection of brushes, no matter your recipients needs!

I'm definitely hoping for one of these under the Christmas tree.


4 comments :

  1. I've never tried any Body Shop brushes but I would love too! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend them! I hadn't used one before but I bought a few last week and they feel AMAZING! I sound like such a brush pervert haha! :)

      Delete
  2. I think that I want the Mac enchanted set just for their aesthetic, they're so pretty!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete