29 January 2016

A NEW LOVE FOR LUSH


I have always loved Lush but like most of the Lush lovers out there I rarely ventured outside of the fizzy, sparkly, bubbly bombs and bars. This all changed thanks to a cracking Christmas event at their Sheffield store.

Not only were we able to try out all different products we got a cracking goodie bag to take home and test! 
Out of these goodies I found a few products I will be keeping in my life and some I have discovered recently which I'm really impressed with - I've also linked them because I love watching the little Lush videos on the website...its strangely pleasing, like the M&S chocolate pud advert!


Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask - I'm not the biggest fan of Coffee - the smell or the taste - but I love a good coffee scrub. The benefits of coffee scrubs are temporary minimization of cellulite, reduced swelling and inflamation and exfoliation...who doesn't want all that. I found this really similar to the popular FRANK coffee scrub but just a lot less messy to apply and half the price! My skin seemed really smooth and supple and the feeling last for a fair few days. The only downside is that a small 150g tub gets used up quick if you use on your body - after one used of slathering over me I've used up nearly the whole tub.


Big Sea Salt Shampoo - Another product I picked up from the last Lush event. This came on recommendation from the manager and as I was having a "YOLO" kind of moment decided to give it a try. Big contains gritty bits of salt which feel great when massaged into your scalf and the shampoo itself lathers really easily. A small scoop with your fingers is more than enough to lather into most hair types. It is a little messy getting it onto your hair in the first place but this is probably expected. 
I haven't noticed a MASSIVE difference in volume but my hair does feel more bouncy than usual. My hair is pretty limp sometimes so this could be different for other peoples hair.


D'Fluff Shaving Soap - I'm not a big fan of shaving foam so when I whip out the razor I usually pair it with hair conditioner - I use one of the big bottles of Tresemme just in case you are curious - I just find that it makes my skin softer! But as I've started being a little more adventurous with Lush's other products I decided to try a shaving cream substitute and what better than a cream that smells like strawberries and contains cocoa butter. The shaving soap scoops out like a face mask and then lathers into a soapy cream and not only leaves your skin feeling soft it smells good enough to eat!

I'm loving Lush at the minute! What are your favourite products?


13 comments :

  1. I love LUSH but I have not tried any of these! I love the comforter bubble bar, dragons egg and intergalactic bath bomb and their don't look at me face mask! Great post :)

    Laura | Laura Likes Beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not tried the face mask! I love The Comforter...my new obsession is the shower gel! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never really played around with Lush products before actually. I always buy them as gifts for people but never for myself. I've heard great things about the Coffee mask though so I'm curious to give that a try!


    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! If you want to try new things I'd recommend one of the gift boxes! Lots of surprises then :)

      Delete
  3. Always love to find a new blogger to read. I love how you describe things it's very descriptive and well worded. I'm guilty of only really using the bombs and bars too Tbh, om a big fan of the mask of magnaminty for breakouts it's amazing and I've heard good reviews on their tea tree toner too. Need to venture out a bit more.

    Question: does the salt wash out easy?

    Www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! That's so lovely! It's just one of them things you just automatically gravitate towards isn't it :) I'm looking forward to trying mask of magnanimity in a few weeks when I have money again! The salt rinses out when you wash out the shampoo...I've never found any left over when drying my hair either :)

      Delete
  4. Always love to find a new blogger to read. I love how you describe things it's very descriptive and well worded. I'm guilty of only really using the bombs and bars too Tbh, om a big fan of the mask of magnaminty for breakouts it's amazing and I've heard good reviews on their tea tree toner too. Need to venture out a bit more.

    Question: does the salt wash out easy?

    Www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three of my absolute favourite products. I ended up making a batch of Cup of Coffee at the Kitchen a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. Great for guys for a pre-shave! Fab post, gorgeous pics! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried making my own before...that was a tad messy haha! My other half likes to nick all my Lush stuff when he thinks I don't know bless him!

      Delete
  6. These are all products I've never tried before. The shampoo sounds so good! Can imagine it smells so good too - like the sea?!

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't actually smell that salty, it smells very fresh though! I really want to try the conditioners too :)

      Delete
  7. So glad you love your goodies! ❤️

    Becki | www.primeanddine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Numerous clients will search for natural bombs or shower bombs that are made with 100% regular fixings as these will be caring to the skin and shouldn't bring about any bothering even to delicate skins. wholesale bath bombs

    ReplyDelete