12 February 2016

CAKEY BAKEY: VALENTINES ROSE CUPCAKES


I've been a busy little bee lately but that hasn't kept me away from the kitchen - mainly because we have a whole bunch of eggs that need using but still that's not the point. My aim was to make some fabulous, Pinterest worthy, valentines rose cupcakes...this didn't actually go to plan! Thankfully Kieran and I don't celebrate Valentines and these were just for a bit of fun!
Unfortunately the gorgeous cupcake cases I ordered were a teeny bit too small for my muffin baking tins so when it came to attempting to pipe roses - for the first time EVER may I add! - my little scrummy cupcakes were too small! - cue lots of swearing and throwing of icing! And then by the red glittery sprinkles arrived from the US I may of accidentally made my way through the cupcakes - its been a stressful few weeks, lets not judge! 

So unfortunately my gorgeous roses are not exactly what I wanted to post about but hell, I wen't through a lot of effort and they tasted AMAZING so I am sharing them anyway! 




They are sort of rosey - sort of! - and I will definitely give them another go once we've moved! Any excuse for me to practice my piping skills!

You can find the links for the cupcake cases and the red glitter here, both of which were from Amazon! :)

I'm hoping to do a lot more baking so I've created a new little header too! What do you think? 

9 comments :

  1. This cupcakes are so cute! Might have to make some on Sunday :) Thanks for sharing love!

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they turn out better than mine did! I seen a beaut little cupcake stand that's like a Ferris wheel in Wilkinsons yesterday! I can't wait to get it after we move! :D

      Delete
  2. Omg these are gorgeous! They are a serious piece of art (still want to eat them though haha)

    lovely post,
    Daizy from| www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't not eat them hehe!! Thank you lovely, I definitely want to give the roses another go though! :)

      Delete
  3. wow these cupcakes look amazing! xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous cakes! Your piping skills are so en pointe, I'd love to know how to do that :D like real red roses! I'm loving your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete